Monday, January 5, 2009

January 5 - 9

This week our word family is the -ay family. We will continue working on number sense, middle sounds, and long vowels. This week we are beginning our middle of the year reading assessment the DRA. This assessment will take the next two - two and a half weeks to complete. While I am testing I will not be doing reading groups.

Friday is the Trading post. If you could please total the reading minutes on the December calendar! Thanks for you help.

I tried to download the slide show that we played during our program but have been unsuccessful. (I really am not very good at some of the technical things). Sorry, I know I told some of you that I would try to put it up.

Thanks so much to all of the parents who helped us with our Christmas party. I think the students really enjoyed it. I just realized that I have a few pictures that I need to post from the party but my camera is dead. I will get the battery charged and post those pictures later.

I just wanted to send out our condolences to the Elwell family. I know many of the students in our class were friends with Shelbi.

I hope everyone had a great break! Welcome back.

Just an FYI I will have a sub on Thursday afternoon and Friday. If things are a little different those days that may be why.

No comments: